Your Guide to Email Marketing
IT’S TRUE—EMAIL MARKETING IS STRONGER THAN EVER
With so many email providers making it easier to unsubscribe and filter out certain emails, it’s easy to get discouraged thinking that email marketing might be a wasted effort. But, did you know that 73% of millennials prefer to receive business communications by email and 99% of consumers check their email every day?
With so many email marketing platforms to choose from, we can help select the best fit, get your account set up, design a branded template, and walk you through contact segmentation. We even help design and write email series! Are you ready to get started?
- It’s cheap. Forget about print or postage costs; fees for magazine or TV ads; and the cost of pay-per-click ads. Email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and SendinBlue cost less and are free to get started.
- It’s easy. Email marketing platforms have pre-built templates, so it’s easy to build a beautiful looking email. Email campaigns are also easy to measure since platforms have automatic reporting.
- It’s personalized. You can segment your customers based on how they subscribed and target specific groups of customers with certain messages, giving them a more personal and tailored experience with your brand.
- It’s effective. Phones allow push notifications, making emails more likely to reach your intended recipients—whereas you have to time your social media posts and still only reach a small portion of your followers.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE EMAIL MARKETING
- Strengthen customer relationships. Email is a great way to build connections by sending personalized content that your audience finds valuable and interesting.
- Boost brand awareness. Use email newsletters to keep your company and your services top-of-mind so that when your prospects need what you offer they’ll come to you.
- Generate leads. You can build your subscribers list by enticing them to share their information in exchange for an offer that they’d find valuable.
- Nurture leads – Delight your customers with relevant content that they’ll find valuable and can help them achieve their goals.
- Generate sales. Promote your products and services that your lists may be interested in and compel them to click to your website to learn more and buy.
EMAIL MARKETING BEST PRACTICES
- Use A/B testing. Test out different images, subject lines, and layouts by sending out different versions to a portion of your email list and seeing what works best, then send the winner to your full list.
- Think about your audience. If you have a large list of subscribers who opted in for different reasons, you don’t want to send the same email to everyone. This will also keep your unsubscribes down.
- Include images. Get the point across quickly, but you still want to make sure the email is designed well and attractive. Images and videos help tell the story and draw people in!
- Have a purpose. If you send out emails too often and don’t deliver value to your audience, you run the risk of losing subscribers.
- Use automation. You can create automation for new subscribers so they receive a pre-made chain of newsletters over time. Having an automated email series is a great way to engage existing customers and continue delivering value after purchases.